Saturday, October 27, 2012

Martha's Red Velvet

I started having this Red Velvet fever again. For the past fortnight, to be exact. It was like about a year ago that I baked Red Velvets cupcakes for my mom's birthday celebration. As I had to bake close to a hundred cupcakes, I got myself a Rowenta, my second oven. It could have been my third if not for my Baby Belling letting me down at that crucial period.

The recipe I used then was from Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten (my blogpost dated 31/8/2011). This time round, however, I scanned through Martha Stewart's version and decided to have a go at it. The recipe is available at www.marthastewart.com.

No cupcakes this time. A layered cake covered with cream cheese frosting. Personally, I prefer Martha's version to Ina. But you know what, I will suspend my judgement at this juncture as I am now scanning over Rachel Allen's recipe. Yes, here I come, Rachel. I am gonna bake your version...

No comments:

Post a Comment