Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cranberry-Orange Chiffon Cake

Orange Chiffon with dried cranberries
I have been baking different types of chiffon cakes for the past week or so. No, not the pandan ones which is so common, but coffee, earl grey, lemon and orange. In particular, orange chiffon with bits of dried cranberries thrown in. 

I came across many recipes for orange chiffon cakes and decided on one from a blogger who goes by the name of Florence in Do What I Like. Check out the link here for the recipe - orange chiffon .


The cake turned put exactly what she had been raving about. It was fluffy, moist and simply delicious. However, I tweaked the recipe a little. I did not use warm orange juice but freshly squeezed juice,  about 87ml to 90ml. I used rum as the alternative to vanilla extract but I reckoned I should have used either Cointreau or Grand Marnier to enhance that orangey flavour. 


When I saw that the batter was rather plain I wanted to add something to it. What goes well with orange ...And since I had a packet of cranberries in the pantry, I decided to throw some bits in. Well, the amount of cranberries, I guess, is really up to you. Truth be told,  I regretted not folding in more cranberries.

So thanks to Florence for sharing her recipe. Oh yes, I covered my chiffon with snow powder to balance the 'sour' cranberries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment